Jill’s Healthy Broccoli Soup
What You Need:
1/2 cup Asparagus chopped
1 Bay leaf
2 Broccoli stems chopped
2 Carrots chopped
2 Celery sticks chopped
2 cups Chicken broth
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 dash Salt & Pepper
1 dash Each spices: basil, garlic, oregano, parsley
1/2 cup Vidalia Onion (or more if you like it)
1 cup Water
What to Do:
1. In a large soup pot warm the olive oil and add the onions. Heat until soft, then add celery and carrots; heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth then add bay leaf, spices, salt/pepper and heat soup until boiling for about five minutes, covered with lid. Then lower heat and let simmer.
3. Add 1/2 cup water so soup doesn’t get too thick and keep simmering.
4. Now add broccoli and asparagus. Cook for about five minutes until not too soft.
5. Add more water…simmer.
6. Take out bay leaf and dish soup into bowls!
Soup is ready!